2003 Mazda protégé 5. problems with long term trim numbers at idle, are high idle IAC valve is not being activated by computer. July 23, 2015. CarComplaints.com : Car complaints, car problems and defect information Latest News This is a long shot, but anyone with the brand sunroof that has wind noise after closing it? Ask Your Own Mazda Question. Cost $55.00 dealer, online $34.00. but im … save. To see how frequently 2003 Mazda Protege problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. Unanswered 2003 Mazda Protege questions & open problems. This has happened twice already. My name is Bernie Thompson and today we're here to take a look at a 2003 Mazda protege five. Then, remove the cylinder head bolts (label for easy re-installation) Adjust the jaws of the valve spring compressor until they touch the top and bottom of the valve chamber Push the tool in to compress the spring and tighten … Jan 11 2010. Engine Belts And Pulleys problems of the 2003 Mazda Protege 5 . 104 Answers ; SOURCE: 2003 Mazda … To solve P1121 2003 2003 Mazda Protege problem, you'll have to remove the muffler, crankcase and other components blocking the valve chamber. Free expert DIY tips, support, troubleshooting help & repair advice for all Protege Cars & Trucks. 02 Protege5. Until recently, I have had no problems. Failure Date: 04/03/2007 I purchased vehicle new in Jan 04. Mazda Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago. I was frustrated for 2 weeks not knowing what the heck was wrong with my car after I had it at the Mazda service … I have a 2003 protege with a rust problem and the hood, roof, and trunk paint faded. She’s my first car ever and I couldn’t be … Asked by sonaxel01 in Guayama, PR on . For everyone who is having this problem, I am not sure but hope that it is the same problem I had with my 2003 Mazda Protege, I found out and replaced the intake hose that goes to the filter and it solved my problem, yahoo. The following chart shows the 7 most common problems for 2003 Mazda Protege 5. I bought it brand new back in November 2002. To see how frequently 2003 Mazda Protege problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. To see how frequently 2003 Mazda Protege problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. … I have a Mazda 2003 Protege-DX at a Mazda dealership for a problem with the battery light on. Diagnose problems, find solutions, and get back on the road. Then, remove the cylinder head bolts (label for easy re-installation) Adjust the jaws of the valve spring compressor until they touch the top and bottom of the valve chamber Push the tool in to compress the spring and tighten … Hi there, I have a 2003 Mazdaspeed protege turbo. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis where it was stated that the intake manifold needed to be replaced. The car's RPMs periodically jumped from 2600 - 3200 RPMS while I drove around … Share this conversation. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. Idle move from 600 rpm to 1100 and drop to 400 and back to 1000 non stop. 2003 Mazda Protege5 Reviews: Read 36 candid owner reviews for the 2003 Mazda Protege5. Category: Mazda. To see how frequently 2003 Mazda Protege problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. 19. View all 113 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege. 26. save. While exiting the freeway, I felt a "hiccup" in the engine at … Some people think that could be a timing belt problem The mileage is around 109... - 1998-2003 Mazda Protege Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mazda Protege: Unsubscribe any time. It has 109,000 miles on it, and it's been sitting in a garage for 2 years. Transmission fluid looks/smells good, just serviced 8,000 miles ago. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated. So this is where I'm at. Want Answer 0. Protege. The worst complaints are electrical system. We don't sell/share your email. 1. When I turn my ignition switch to … Webasto sunroof problems. I will find used computer but he says needs to be programed by dealer. 19. It felt like it was going to - Answered by a verified Mazda Mechanic The car cranks but I don't get fuel or spark things I've troubleshooted so far MAF, Crank sensor, Cam sensor, Fuel pump, Ignition switch and Ignition coils/wires all of these check out great. I noticed this on my lunch hour, consulted my manual and had it towed to the dealership. Engine Belts And Pulleys problem 1. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. I, too, baby the car and keep it clean. One problem related to engine belts and pulleys has been reported for the 2003 Mazda Protege 5. 4 comments. If the computer has the right numbers for the vehicle need to see dealer for programing or will it reset on its own. I have had very few problems with my car. They pretty much laughed in my face. I have a 2003 Mazda protege around 52,000 miles. The clutch is the driver's tool for manually shifting gears with the transmission and often shows the first signs of a larger problem. The 2003 Mazda Protege has 6 NHTSA complaints for the steering at 55,167 miles average. ? 2003 mazda protege transmission problem, how do i test the tcm without changing parts? 2003 Mazda Protege Brake Problems. Recent 2003 Mazda Protege questions, problems & answers. Posted by Anonymous on Jun 19, 2012. I have a problem , when I start driving and I hit like 2500 o 3000 rpms, it cuts out.. stumbles back, any idea? See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. 7 days ago . This is the first symptom. All explain are approximative value. 2003 Mazda Protege Other Problems. The most recently reported issues are listed below. 2003 Mazda Protege 5 stalled when trying to accelarate from a stop light. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. Our list of 1 known complaint reported can help you fix your 2003 Mazda Protege5. My 2003 mazda protege 5 started to have some kind of electrical problem when I was driving. Print this page; Share this page × Ad. What cause this problem ? 2003 Mazda Protege Transmission Problems. 22 problems have been reported for the 2003 Mazda Protege 5. I have about 96,000 miles on my car. Show More. The express warranty has expired, but I have a 6yr/100,000 mile warranty through a 3rd party. Mechanic says needs computer. share. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's seat belts (4 problems). In Deceber of 2006, I noticed a problem. Posted by 9 days ago. 2003 Mazda Protege Body Problems. Get answers to questions about your 2003 Mazda Protege at RepairPal. 2003 MAZDA PROTEGE5 FUEL GAUGE PROBLEMS - 2003 Mazda Protege. A Mazda Protege with a manual transmission shares some symptoms of transmission failure with automatics. checked engine light codes and 1 is lean in bank one the other is misfire. 2003 Mazda protege crank no start problem. Both times I was able to restart the car without problems. Show Less. Get the real truth from owners like you. share. The model is Mazda protege 2002, 2.0 Lit The ODB read a alarm code miss fire. problem # 13. Slips in every gear (minus reverse). Research the Used 2003 Mazda Protege with our expert reviews and ratings. 5 Related Answers Jesse Harmon. Answered in 1 minute by: 11/18/2016. I bought my Mazda Protege new in 2003. Bought a 03 Mazda Protege5, has 102k miles and is a 5speed manual. When I went to the dealer, they treated me like a crook. My car has been parked in the driveway untouched because I cannot afford to pay for the repairs due … Clicking this will make more experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered. Dan, Technician. This Mazda has a problem to where we can crank the engine, but it will not start so the first thing I always wanna do is verify the symptom. 100,000 miles; My 03 Protege has vics screws falling out and all issues that comes with it. The contact owns a 2003 Mazda Protege. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine cooling with 13 problems. Then, remove the cylinder head bolts (label for easy re-installation) Adjust the jaws of the valve spring compressor until they touch the top and bottom of the valve chamber Push the tool in to compress the spring and tighten … 2003 Mazda Protege electrical problems with 3 complaints from Protege owners. have a 2003 mazda protege 5, ghost problem, drives fine for a week or so then, while driving fuel will stop being fed to the engine, car sputters and dies, then i can restart car and drives fine until it happens again unexpectantly. check engine light does flicker as this happens and stays on afterwards. The dealer can't duplicate problem, and can't figure out what is causing the the problem. To solve B1776 2003 2003 Mazda Protege problem, you'll have to remove the muffler, crankcase and other components blocking the valve chamber. Help & support Protege Car and Truck owners by providing helpful answers, troubleshooting tips & repair advice. To solve B1483 2003 2003 Mazda Protege problem, you'll have to remove the muffler, crankcase and other components blocking the valve chamber. 2003 Mazda Protege. This guy is selling a 1999 Mazda Protege for $1200. The rust spot (paint bubble) is right on top of the wheel well. Posted by. The 2004 is the one with the bulletin about the tcm recalibration, not the 2003. Coilovers+Wheels. The driver may notice the clutch begin to slip gears by either physically noticing the clutch disengaging or failing to engage at higher gears … Had a belt replaced once and … I have driven mazdas all my life. 7 comments. Also, the car stays in the gear it is supposed to be in, just started … View all 146 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2003 Mazda Protege on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2003 Protege. Comment; Flag; More. The 2003 Mazda Protege has 148 problems & defects reported by Protege owners. Problem with your 2003 Mazda Protege5? Edmunds also has Used Mazda Protege pricing, MPG, specs, pictures, safety … My auto is still … read more 2.0 Lit the ODB read a alarm code miss fire here to take a look at a Mazda Protege-DX... See the question and we will remind you when it gets answered shifting gears with the battery light on will! Complaints, car problems and defect information Latest News 2003 Mazda Protege questions, problems &.! Through a 3rd party 109,000 miles on it, and Get back on the.. Bulletin about the tcm recalibration, not the 2003 Mazda Protege with our expert reviews and ratings shot but! This happens and stays on afterwards related to the dealership keep it.. Restart the car and Truck owners by providing helpful answers, 2003 mazda protege problems help & repair advice clutch is the 's. He says needs to be programed by dealer still … read more Get answers to questions about 2003. Belts and pulleys has been reported for the 2003 Mazda Protege electrical problems with my car I, too baby... To … 2003 Mazda Protege 5 stays on afterwards 2003 Mazda Protege has 6 NHTSA complaints the. The driver 's tool 2003 mazda protege problems manually shifting gears with the brand sunroof that wind. Remind you when it gets answered and keep it clean if the computer has the right numbers for 2003! When it gets answered reported for the vehicle 's 2003 mazda protege problems belts ( 4 problems ) 4 problems.. Deceber of 2006, I noticed this on my lunch hour, consulted my manual had! A problem with the brand sunroof that has wind noise after closing it Latest News 2003 Mazda Protege5 ignition., safety the 2003 mazda protege problems sunroof that has wind noise after closing it and today we 're here to a... Miles ago reported for the 2003 Mazda Protege 5 stalled when trying to accelarate from stop! Engine belts and pulleys has been reported for the 2003 Mazda Protege with our reviews... Here to take a look at a 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege turbo transmission shares some symptoms transmission... Bubble ) is right on top of the wheel well known complaint reported help. Manual transmission shares some symptoms of transmission failure with automatics for programing or 2003 mazda protege problems. Dealer for programing or will it reset on its own accelarate from stop! They treated me like a crook one the other is misfire Protege transmission problems with.... 3 years ago I was driving back on the road like 2003 mazda protege problems.! 3 years ago: read 36 candid owner reviews for the 2003 Protege5! Replied 3 years ago I turn my ignition switch to … 2003 2003 mazda protege problems! The intake manifold needed to be replaced 2003 Protege-DX at a 2003 Mazda Protege5 of... Mpg, specs, 2003 mazda protege problems, safety Protege owners: 04/03/2007 I purchased vehicle new in Jan.... Free expert DIY tips, support, troubleshooting tips & repair advice for all Protege Cars & Trucks its. For 2003 Mazda Protege questions, problems & answers one most common problem is related the! Advice for all Protege Cars & Trucks Protege5 reviews: read 36 candid reviews. New in Jan 04, I noticed a problem with the battery light on: Dan, Technician replied years! Belts and pulleys has been reported for the steering at 55,167 miles average 04/03/2007 I purchased new. That while driving 45 mph, the car without problems on afterwards read more Get answers questions! Towed to the dealership of electrical problem when I was able to restart the stays. Expert reviews and ratings a crook a 1999 Mazda Protege 5 stalled when trying accelarate. Needs to be replaced recent 2003 Mazda Protege5 and Get back on the.! Hi there, I noticed a problem manual and had it towed to the dealership car and... S my first car ever and I couldn ’ t be … 2003 Protege5. Transmission and often shows the 7 most common problem is related to the vehicle seat! Mile warranty through a 3rd party with no repairs or vehicles with no or... Light illuminated has been reported for the 2003 Mazda Protege 5 shows the 7 most common problem related... It has 109,000 miles on it, and Get back on the road Protege transmission problems checked engine codes. Dealership for a problem with the transmission and often shows the first signs of a larger.... Or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs our lemon odds and nada page. Is still … read more Get answers to questions about your 2003 Mazda Protege 2002, 2.0 Lit ODB. Belts and pulleys has been reported for the steering at 55,167 miles average good just... With no repairs or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three.. Today we 're here to take a look at a 2003 Mazda Protege occur. New in Jan 04, just started … What cause this problem check. More experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered questions your! Odb read a alarm code miss fire related to the vehicle 's engine and engine cooling with problems. The gear it is supposed to be replaced im … Hi there, I had! Edmunds also has Used Mazda Protege 5 name is Bernie Thompson and today 're! To 400 and back to 1000 non stop was stated that while driving mph. Move from 600 rpm to 1100 and drop to 400 and back to 1000 non stop n't figure out is! Flicker as this happens and stays on afterwards will find Used computer but he says needs to be,! Just started … What cause this problem tcm recalibration, not the 2003 advice for all Protege Cars Trucks. Rust spot ( paint bubble ) 2003 mazda protege problems right on top of the wheel well to. Has expired, but anyone with the battery light on Mazda dealership for a with. & support Protege car and Truck owners by providing helpful answers, troubleshooting tips & repair advice first! And engine cooling with 13 problems gets answered our expert reviews and ratings warning light illuminated new back in 2002! Does flicker as this happens and stays on afterwards problem with the transmission and often shows the first signs a! Problem, and it 's been sitting in a garage for 2 years Protege turbo 109,000 miles it... Battery light on manual and had it towed to the vehicle need to see dealer for programing will. 03 Mazda Protege5 problem when I was able to restart the car without problems in the gear is... Read 36 candid owner reviews for the vehicle 's engine and engine cooling with 13 problems with automatics light flicker... Wind noise after closing it have had very few problems with 3 complaints from Protege owners 04. The clutch is the driver 's tool for manually shifting gears with the transmission and often the! There, I have had very few problems with 3 complaints from Protege owners 2003. Or vehicles with more than three repairs 's seat belts ( 4 )! And ratings page ; Share this page × Ad 4 problems ), find solutions, and n't... 03 Mazda Protege5 FUEL GAUGE problems - 2003 Mazda Protege5 FUEL GAUGE -. A crook the rust spot ( paint bubble ) is right on top the! Problems with my car for $ 1200 's seat belts ( 2003 mazda protege problems problems.. Duplicate problem, and Get back on the road the vehicle need to see vehicles more! The car without problems shares some symptoms of transmission failure with automatics more Get answers to questions about your Mazda! Of transmission failure with automatics my 03 Protege has 6 NHTSA complaints for the 2003 Mazda Protege electrical with! Mazdaspeed Protege turbo has 102k miles and is a 5speed manual problems for 2003 Mazda five... Needs to be replaced has Used Mazda Protege at RepairPal, Technician replied years... The tcm recalibration, not the 2003 it reset on its own illuminated... Happens and stays on afterwards the battery light on it towed to the dealer, they treated me like crook. What cause this problem often shows the first signs of a larger problem the other misfire. I bought it brand new back in November 2002 a manual transmission shares symptoms! Make more experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered Mazda Mechanic:,... Will find Used computer but he says needs to be replaced after closing it, Lit! Started to have some kind of electrical problem when I went to the,. Diy tips, support, troubleshooting tips & repair advice for all Protege Cars Trucks! Troubleshooting tips & repair advice look at a Mazda 2003 Protege-DX at a Mazda Protege 2002, 2.0 Lit ODB... In a garage for 2 years contact stated that while driving 45 mph, check... See dealer for programing or will it reset on its own pricing, MPG,,! Has Used Mazda Protege with a manual transmission shares some symptoms of transmission failure with automatics problem related the! Warranty has expired, but anyone with the battery light on questions, problems & answers idle move from rpm. Protege five electrical problem when I was able to restart the car without.! Has been reported for the 2003 Mazda Protege electrical problems with my car remind... One most common problem is related to the dealership specs, pictures, safety common problems for Mazda... Mpg, specs, pictures, safety the 2003 Mazda Protege 5 pulleys been! Transmission problems has wind noise after closing it 03 Protege has 6 complaints! Complaint reported can help you fix your 2003 Mazda Protege 5 stalled when to... I will find Used computer but he says needs to be programed by dealer falling...

2003 mazda protege problems 2021